Monday, October 4, 2010

Dilemma

Back from CDL.

We won the match alright.

But there's something on my mind which I feel that I need to put down in words to de-clutter my brain, otherwise I'll be fuming in my sleep.

Ranting beware.
Whoever from CDL's reading this, you need to know I'm perfectly sane, and this is my personal blog so don't be offended because I want to vent out here if I can't do it in the court.

Dodgeball, is a very tricky game. I think I understand why is it so hard for it to make it to the Olympic or to have a fair game played.

Why?

Because marshals need to learn that they can't see 360 degree of the game especially if they're hiding in a corner and the most the see is the players' butts, and the opposite team players' figures.

So they need to do better than to simply accuse players for touching balls that never ever even brush their hair before.

Well, I got out twice, without touching any bloody balls. First time was told to be out by a marshal who stood at the corner. Damn. All he could see was the ball moving in front of him. But how does it know whether or not it touches my leg, when the supposed contact-point was blocked by the ball itself??

It's a blind spot my beloved uncle. do you not understand you cannot see through objects unless you have x-ray eyes which you definitely don't have?

I DID NOT TOUCH ANY STUPID BALL.
IT TOTALLY BOUNCED TO GOD KNOWS WHERE WITHOUT TOUCHING ME AT ALL.

But, we have to respect them because they are the marshals and their words are final however * they are.

Then I was out the second time, accused of getting hit at the ankle by a very very low ball I deflected to the ground.

GAAAAAHHH WHATEVER. IF YOU SAY I'M OUT,
FINE.
HAVE IT YOUR WAY.
BE HAPPY MARSHALS, BECAUSE YOU'LL MAKE MY LIFE MISERABLE IF I MAKE YOU SAD.

Damn. It was so RIDICULOUS to the point that I don't feel angered anymore (for that moment only) and started laughing.

Although I can somehow understand that the it wasn't the marshal's fault (ankle balls are tricky to judge), I felt like someone punch me in the stomach when the same thing happened to an opponent and the Marshal let him off.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

TALK ABOUT FAIRNESS.

ok let's be frank.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING A FAIR OR JUST.
THE ONLY THING THAT IS FAIR IS DEATH ITSELF.
It's natural for authorities (let's be a bit fair, not all of them) to bully the weaker ones.

Lesson learnt. So don't expect to much, some people hate you for no reason. There's nothing you can do.

Another lesson, unless someone invent a sensor suit or install thousands of cameras around the court to capture the ball from every angle replays the video whenever requires (like in tennis!!), dodgeball marshalling is a very messy job indeed.

Or maybe, they should get a marshal to stand behind the players, so that they can see what those standing at the corners cannot see.

Geez, whatever, this is probably the last dodgeball tournament I'll join once CDL has ended and I fly to Aussie. I know I'm not the best player and you probably don't give a damn but dear marshals you're making a player very sad because of your misjudgement.

Plus, it's such a dangerous game, my thigh was in pain for four days straight thanks to a meaningless shot from a Hyena. And that day I nearly had brain damage during a training though I don't feel bad because we were playing. Of course, accidents happen. But if the game is unfair, no point risking my mental and physical health for something fruitless when I'm being so serious and someone just had to screw me up.

Ok, end of ranting. Now it's time to chill. I shall go to sleep.

2 comments:

Rachael Lum said...

What is cluttering your mind? :)

ChibiRozen said...

Too much to declutter I think. But I'm fine now. xD Will be even better when my ballet exam is over in two days time~ xD